Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture or Cosmetic Acupuncture is a non surgical treatment based on the principles of Oriental Medicine which reduces the signs of the ageing process. No miracle creams here!
Cosmetic Acupuncture involves the application of ultra thin needles to specific points and areas of the face, head and body. This process stimulates collagen production, strengthens the skin’s fibres, relaxes the facial muscles, and increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the skin.
Facial rejuvenation acupuncture aims to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, unlike Botox, which carries a large number of side effects.
Your treatments are tailor-made for you, and I’ll also help you address your body’s underlying health imbalances which may be contributing to the ageing process. The acupuncture points I target will be specifically chosen to deliver you the best results, with your wellbeing in mind.
For best results, I recommended a minimum course of 10 to 12 weekly treatments. After the treatment, my clients often report feeling happier, healthier, more balanced, having brighter eyes and better sleep.
A study published in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture in 1996, showed that of 300 people who received facial acupuncture, 90% demonstrated marked results after the first treatment.
- Certified Facial Revitalisation Acupuncturist trained by Virginia Doran, a leading expert in this field. Virginia’s website, LuminousBeauty.com, contains useful information about this treatment program, including FAQs and contraindications.
Contraindications/not suitable for:
- pregnant women
- people with high blood pressure
- migraine sufferers
- people with an active cold or flu
- people with an active allergy or an acute herpes outbreak
- people that have had another type of facial procedure (e.g. Botox, surgical face lift) within the past 12 months
- people under the influence of drugs or alcohol or hungover