The Mayans were on to something when they started massaging tummies to improve organ function and promote general well-being.
Maya abdominal massage is a gentle external massage that helps guide organs back into their correct positions, therefore allowing them to function more normally.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are founded on these ancient techniques, and are best known for helping misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs of both men and women. In addition, also address many common digestive disorders.
By effectively alleviating tissue congestion and organ constriction, these techniques improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. It can release emotional and energetic tension which could be causing unnecessary stress on your body.
As a result, The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® assist in preventing the progression of chronic diseases whilst improving the body’s ability to self-repair and re-balance. I practice this technique at my clinic and my clients have had wonderful results to date!
(This technique is suitable for women, men, and children.)
“If a woman’s uterus is out of balance, so is she,” – Don Elijio Panti
Check out some of the most common symptoms below that Arvigo Therapy may help address:
- Digestive disorders (Crohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Oesophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular Tension
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Varicose Veins
- Fertility Enhancement
- Post Surgical (scar tissue,
For the ladies:
- Menstrual Disorders (painful/
- Pre-Conception through Postpartum
- Discomforts of Pregnancy; Birth Preparation
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic Organ Congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
“It has been estimated that approximately 30% of women who have been unsuccessful in conceiving eventually conceive after a succession of Maya Abdominal Treatments.” – The Arvigo Centre
For the guys:
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction
What happens during a session and how to do maya abdominal massage on yourself?
- I do a comprehensive review of your past and present health care needs, focusing on reproductive and digestive health
- I perform upper and lower abdominal massage to help:
Align reproductive and abdominal organs to optimal position
Improve circulation to organs
Promote vital flow to support the body’s natural healing
- Evaluation and application of bodywork to improve the alignment of your spine
- I provide instruction in self-care massage to enhance your session with us
- Recommendation of complementary natural remedies to support your health and wellness that may include:
Faja – a traditional lower abdomen support wrap
NukuNuku sell great Haramaki wraps and kidney warmers.
Disclaimer: I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about health and holistic wellness. To find out more click here.
Bajos – traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya (ask me how to do it and where to get it from)
Castor oil packs (get some from my store)
Nutritional and herbal support
Therefore, I recommend 2 to 3 session of Maya Abdominal Massage with me to effectively address what’s been bothering you. Additionally, clients who routinely perform self-care massage post their sessions with me have reported an improvement in their symptoms.
Contraindications, Cautions, and Modifications
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are generally very safe and effective, however in some instances I may need to modify the techniques slightly.
Please let me know if any of the below apply to you before we start your treatment:
- During active menstruation
- IUD (intra-uterine device for contraception) is present
- Immediately after abdominal surgery
- Active infection or cancer present in pelvic area, or while undergoing chemotherapy
- During the first trimester (19 weeks) of pregnancy (modification)
- Hiatal Hernia (gentle massage required)
- Active and acute infection
- Abdominal Aneurysm
- Diastasis Rectus
- Pessary for uterine prolapse (remove prior to your session)
- Any serious health condition that causes you concern
If you’d like to read more on the Arvigo techniques, check out this link: https://arvigotherapy.com
For any other information, please contact me here, or if you’re ready book an appointment click below.