By scheduling an appointment with Nature Heals, you are indicating that you understand and accept the following terms and conditions.
- All clients must complete a health intake form prior to the day of service. You will receive a link to electronic intake form once you schedule your appointment. If you do not receive the forms, check your SPAM box.
- Whether or not you have insurance or are self-pay, treatment fees must be paid in advance or on the day of the appointment. Your insurance will reimburse you upon presenting a receipt of your fees paid. Please check with your insurance provider before you book a treatment that you are covered.
- Some conditions that may prevent you from receiving Abdominal manual therapy, but not limited to, cancer of the internal organs, acute diverticulitis, acute Chron’s disease flare-ups, pregnancy in the first 20 weeks (regular massage is okay during these times) and the presence of intense abdominal pain.
- Abdominal manual therapy cannot be done with an IUD, in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy (modified), when an active pelvic infection is present, 6-8 weeks after abdominal surgery (depending on your doctor’s approval), or during menses. If you happen to start your period on the day of or right before your scheduled appointment, please keep your appointment, there is plenty we can still do and I will make appropriate modifications to the treatment but please let me know in advance.
- All information collected from the intake form and any discussions with you are confidential. All treatments are for therapeutic purposes only. Any inappropriate behaviour (drug use, excessive drinking, illicit or sexually suggestive remarks or sexual advances) will result in immediate termination of the session and you will be charged for the full price of the booked service.
By making an appointment, you agree to the following cancellation policy:
- A cancellation fee equal to 100% price of the scheduled appointment will be charged for No Show appointments and appointments that are cancelled or rescheduled with less than a 48-hour notice.
- The cancellation fee is waived in circumstances of severe weather (icy roads and snowstorms), severe illness and other circumstances beyond your control, when notice of cancellation is given in advance.
- I want to be available for your needs and the needs of all my clients. When a patient does not show up for a scheduled appointment, another patient loses an opportunity to be treated. Conversely, the situation may arise where another patient fails to cancel and I am unable to schedule you for a visit, due to a seemingly “full” appointment book.
- A “no-show” is someone who misses an appointment without cancelling it or notifying me within the proper time frame.
- A failure to be present at the time of a scheduled appointment will be recorded as a “no-show”.
- I reserve the right to discharge a patient after the third missed appointment whether they have called within 48 hours or not.
In order to comply with the 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), any client contact details and notes are kept solely for the purposes of our therapy work together. These notes may be manual documents kept in a secure place or electronic documents (including emails) kept securely on a password protected computer. In line with the general confidentiality and privacy of our work, no information will be shared with other people, except with my consulted supervisory colleagues. In exceptional ethical or legal circumstances, it may be necessary to give information to relevant authorities but not without informing you and exploring the circumstances, e.g. I reserve the right to contact your GP, if I deem it necessary. You have the right to access any information and notes within one month of making a request. I will erase any information and notes 7 years after the end of our work together.
The therapeutic relationship is based on principles of trust and mutual respect, guided by the client’s progress. Each therapeutic process is unique, as is each person. At times, according to my professional judgement and understanding, I might suggest particular ways of working but you will always have a choice of what you wish to do. Therapy is a collaborative process and it is important to let me know and share your experience, when, for example, you feel uncomfortable or harmed in any way by the process, or anything I might have said or done.